Corner Store (educational)
- Directed by: Katherine Bruens
- Produced by: Katherine Bruens & Hadley Dynak
- Official Selection- Starz Denver Film Festival
- Official Selection- Big Sky Documentary Festival
- WINNER of Audience Award Best Documentary Feature- San Fransisco Indiefest
- Official Selection- St. Louis International Film Festival
"Corner Store is a sincere film that students respond to. Its intimate view of a family's struggle to immigrate to the United States provides students with an honest look in to the immigration process. Students are engaged through this film and discussions about the film are complex and stimulate the desire to look further into the subject."
-Scott Pettit, Social Sciences Teacher, Summit Academy High School
- New York Times
"Yet it is home, and what home actually means to us is the insistent heart of Bruens' quietly powerful film."
- The San Francisco Chronicle
"Corner Store is a remarkable achievement of documentary filmmaking; immortalizing the everyday to express a facet of human life."
- Bay Area Guardian
"Bruens’ Corner Store... refrains from making Elhaj’s struggle into melting pot boilerplate, presenting a remarkable portrait of hope kept alive under the duress of the quotidian."
- SF 360
"Community, history, and love are the thematic strands running through the various frames of the locally made documentary “Corner Store.”
- Beyond Chron
“Bruens, without a trace of sentimentality, shows that Youssef and his family and their friends in Bethlehem are just like us.”
– Culture Vulture