- Directed by: Mitzi Kapture
- Released: 2018 (educational)
- Year of Production: 2017
"A profoundly gifted, articulate teacher." - Hilary Swank
For the very first time on film The Process gives the audience a front row seat of world-renowned acting, directing coach, and author Larry Moss, who has coached Academy® Award and Golden Globe Winners, including Leonardo DiCaprio, Hilary Swank, Chris Rock, Helen Hunt, Jim Carrey, rising star Hailee Steinfeld, and many others.
The film, directed and produced by Mitzi Kapture, follows Moss as he works alongside a young director and his actors taking them from their first choices to a final polished performance; allowing the viewer to absorb what makes The Process so effective and brilliant. It also features appearances by Academy® Award Winner, James L. Brooks (As Good as it Gets, Broadcast News) and is moderated by USC Cinematic Arts Professor, Barnet Kellman.
Special bonus interviews with tips from these seasoned pros as well as a physical technique breakdown of Larry Moss's process of directing actors including:
- Larry Moss on Construction vs. Destruction
- James L. Brooks on Directing
- James L. Brooks & Larry Moss - Writing, Directing and Actors
- Barnet Kellman - Directors and Actors
"Moss has shaped and staged some of the best solo work in the city." - NY Times
"Brilliant" - Jim Carrey
"Larry Moss picks up the mantle from Stella Adler and Sandy Meisner for a whole new generation of artists." - Gary Ross
About Larry Moss
Larry Moss has been a world-renowned acting coach for over 35 years and is now one of the most sought after acting coaches of our time.
Moss has coached:
- Sutton Foster in Broadway’s Anything Goes (Tony Award)
- Helen Hunt in As Good As It Gets (Academy Award)
- Hilary Swank in Boys Don’t Cry and Million Dollar Baby (Academy Awards)
- Michael Clarke Duncan in The Green Mile (Academy Award nomination)
- Hank Azaria in Tuesdays With Morrie (Emmy Award)
- Jim Carrey in The Majestic
- Tobey Maguire in Seabiscuit
- Leonardo DiCaprio in The Aviator, The Departed, Blood Diamond, Shutter Island, Inception, J. Edgar and Wolf of Wolf Street
About The Filmmaker
Mitzi Kapture born Mitzi Donahue (MD) is an American actress, producer, and director.
Kapture began exploring acting at the Alliance Theatre in Atlanta while studying Business and Computer Science at Berry College. Making a decision to focus on acting, she moved to Los Angeles where she was cast in lead roles for film, TV series and movies. Kapture gained global recognition for her lead role as Sgt. Lance in the groundbreaking hit series Silk Stalkings. She went on to portray ‘Joanne Jensen’, a NCIS Agent in Perfect Crime: The Joanne Jensen Story, based on a true story. These projects garnered some of the CBS/USA’s highest ratings. Other movie and film credits include Storytellers, Perry Mason: The Case of the Maligned Mobster, God’s Ears, His Bodyguard, and TV shows such as the pilot The Dark for TNT and Rules of Engagement on CBS.